Quick Answer: What Is The Approximate Number Of Islands That Comprise Indonesia?
- 1 What major islands comprise Indonesia?
- 2 Which country consists of 13000 islands?
- 3 How many islands are there?
- 4 Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
- 5 How many countries are in this world?
- 6 Why Indonesia is named after India?
- 7 What country is made up of 6000 islands?
- 8 What is the main culture of Indonesia?
- 9 Is Indonesia a safe country?
- 10 What is the country Indonesia known for?
- 11 What are the 3 largest islands in the world?
- 12 What is the oldest island in the world?
- 13 Which country owns the most islands?
What major islands comprise Indonesia?
It comprises five main islands: Sumatra, Java, Borneo (known as Kalimantan in Indonesia), Sulawesi, and New Guinea; two major island groups (Nusa Tenggara and the Maluku Islands) and sixty smaller island groups.
Which country consists of 13000 islands?
World’s largest nation of archipelago with more than 13,000 islands. Indonesia is a nation of islands comprised of more than 13,000 islands around the equator.
How many islands are there?
There are around two thousand islands in oceans in the world. It has not been possible to come up with the total number of islands around other water bodies such as lakes due to the wide and varying definitions of what makes an island.
Is Indonesia a poor or rich country?
As a lower-middle income country and member of the G20, Indonesia is classified as a newly industrialized country. It is the 15th largest economy in the world by nominal GDP and the 7th largest in terms of GDP (PPP).
How many countries are in this world?
Countries in the World: There are 195 countries in the world today. This total comprises 193 countries that are member states of the United Nations and 2 countries that are non-member observer states: the Holy See and the State of Palestine.
Why Indonesia is named after India?
Although Indonesia did not become the country’s official name until the time of independence, the name was used as early as 1884 by a German geographer; it is thought to derive from the Greek indos, meaning “India,” and nesos, meaning “island.” After a period of occupation by the Japanese (1942–45) during World War II,
What country is made up of 6000 islands?
Indonesia is the largest archipelago in the world. It consists of five major islands and about 30 smaller groups. There are total number of 17,508 islands of which about 6000 are inhabited.
What is the main culture of Indonesia?
Indonesia is centrally-located along ancient trading routes between the Far East, South Asia and the Middle East, resulting in many cultural practices being strongly influenced by a multitude of religions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, and Islam, all strong in the major trading cities.
Is Indonesia a safe country?
OVERALL RISK: MEDIUM. Indonesia is mostly a safe country to travel to, though it still has its dangers from natural disasters to terrorism and petty theft. Be very cautious on the streets of Indonesia and plan your trip carefully.
What is the country Indonesia known for?
Indonesia is known for its Islands When we all think of Indonesia, we think about its islands, about their paradise beaches and about the blue ocean that surrounds each of its islands.
What are the 3 largest islands in the world?
The Largest Islands in the World
- Greenland (836,330 sq miles/2,166,086 sq km)
- New Guinea (317,150 sq miles/821,400 sq km)
- Borneo (288,869 sq miles/748,168 sq km)
- Madagascar (226,756 sq miles/587,295 sq km)
- Baffin (195,928 sq miles/507,451 sq km)
- Sumatra (171,069 sq miles/443,066 sq km)
What is the oldest island in the world?
The Seychelles: The World’s Oldest Islands.
Which country owns the most islands?
Website worldatlas.com claims that out of all countries on the planet, Sweden has the most islands with 221,800, the majority of which are uninhabited.